Saturday 7 September 2013

People Pleaser

I'm a people pleaser and always have been.

This came to light recently when discussing my past and things that have happened. I've always been the one to make people happy and make them smile. Even if I've been the one hurt or upset and someone I care for got upset over it, I'd be the one comforting them when it was me who needed the comforting. 

I'd rather my friends were happy than upset because its not nice to see. Sometimes I'd rather not talk about things that are upsetting me if a friend is upset and has something going on because I'd rather make sure they're okay and happy. 

I've come to realise that I should try and focus on pleasing myself and not others but after doing it for a long time it's a little difficult. I'm sure I'll get there though it may take some time.

Am I the only one who prefers their friends to be happy or is it just me? And do you have any advice on focusing on yourself instead of others? 

No comments:

Post a Comment